Engineer yourself a bright future
With an expanding portfolio of projects and clients, we’re always looking for motivated, innovative and skilled engineers, draftees, & project managers to join our team.
Partridge offers excellent opportunities for the right candidates:
- Working with Australia’s leading architects on residential design and high end building projects; collaborating with recognised Australian artists on art installations and film set designs; and the project management of challenging remedial undertakings.
- A challenging yet very supportive team environment with an active social culture.
- A mix of design, on-site work, and project management.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
- A company philosophy that rewards innovation, initiative and creativity.
- A mentoring program designed to develop the analytical skills of our younger engineers and to promote independence and self-reliance; and a Professional Development Program, run in association with Engineers Australia, leading to chartered engineer status.
– – – – – – – – –
We are currently looking for both a Design Engineer (3-6 years experience) and a Senior Engineer (8 years+) to join our Structural team.
You’ll have achieved strong academic results at uni, and you’ve hopefully already attained your CPEng status, or you’ve almost completed the process and your submission.
You’ll be experienced and proficient in designing complex (not necessarily big!) structures in concrete, steel, timber and masonry, and you’ll have demonstrated experience in carrying out investigative inspections and writing reports. Ideally, you might already have started to work on preparing fee proposals for your projects and you’ll be comfortable with client liaison and attending consultants’ meeting by yourself. Upon joining Partridge, you’ll be mentored and developed towards running projects autonomously and handling projects from start to finish. You’ll ideally have obtained your degree at an Australian university and you’ve spent the last 3-6 years working for similarly-minded consulting firms in Sydney.
The position requires a confident engineer with “first principles” design knowledge; someone with strong writing and communication skills; good team-player skills to work collaboratively at the coal face with both architects and builders; and a burning desire to deliver excellence on every job. You’ll undertake and oversee the designs and documentation on your projects, working with our drafting team, and delivering the drawings to the client on time.
Working with us:
If you believe near enough is good enough, then this is not the role for you. If you design your structures by simply reading off a chart or a table, then this is not the role for you. First principles engineering is a must, as is the ability to explore more than just the first or easiest solution. Partridge believes in delivering a full and excellent service to our clients, built on trust and long-term relationships. A role with Partridge requires that we, as engineers, go the extra mile in providing the best solution, the best guidance, the best instruction, the best advice, the best documentation, the best drawings, the best reports, and – above all else – the best service to architects, builders, clients, home-owners, project managers, schools, commercial operators, and government departments.
We’re a fun office with a great culture, and Partridge is a business where you can start your career as a work experience student and finish as a Director!
To submit your application, please use the below form and upload both your letter and your CV.